Apeks Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea, i'd go with the ATX50 second stage and the default First if i was to get anything. Basically i'm debating between a Scuba Pro, or an Apeks. They both have ups and downs, as everyone can clearly see through the countless posts showcasing both.

But, i think what will make a difference is that Apeks is located in the UK, and Scuba Pro in the U.S. Being in the US, if i need parts serviced almost any LDS can service the SP. However i'm not too sure about the Apeks, does it take longer to get serviced? Can most LDS service them aswell? Or am i totally wrong in my thinking and location of a company doesn't mean squat? :crafty: Just some questions that will help me make a desicion. Thanks

Bob3:
I sell about 10 (or more) TX50s for every 1 ATX50, probably because of the "default 1st stage" on the TX50 being a DS4 as opposed to the DST on the ATX50.
Since you can order the ATX50 with the DS4 instead of the DST, that shouldn't be a big factor.

As mentioned by other posters, both companies (ScubaPro and Apeks/Aqualung) are so huge, availability of parts and servicing should be a non-issue...

Great reg, no question, have serviced hundreds of this model.

1st Stage.

HP seat is one of the best in the industy in the hands of an abusive divemaster can last over 1000 dives and not fail.
Itermediate pressure will not creep.
Chrome is some of the best on the market today.
The enviro seal will start to bulge after a while, this is normal and is replaced at service (caused by ware of the primary diaphragm).

2nd Stage.

Phnematicaly ballanced venturi assisted, performance is equal to any other 2nd stage on the market, adjustments are easier to use then most.
Works great in cold due to heat sinks on both sides (adjustment knob is metal for a reason!).
LP seats used by Apeks are kind of crappy and has no seat saving device built in like Atomic and Scubapro. Make sure you store it with the adjustment all the way out!
The venturi system on these are prone to getting sand in the workings (your fault not the regs!) Adjustment will feel gritty and can cause wet breating, keep it out of the sand!
Early ATX's used a rubber (ish) inhalation diaphragm (junk) make sure you have upgraded to the new Aqualung made silicone diaphragm (came out just over 1 year ago), not a warranty part so dont expect old ones to be replaced for free.
Exhaust valve is made from rubber (ish) and is not part of the annual service kit it will go bad after about 2 years, expect to see Aqualung replace this for there silicone LX/Legend Valve soon.

This is one of the best regs on the market today, Reliability, Performance and Cost have made this one of the fastest selling regs world wide. Since its introduction in the Aqualung line up the Apeks brand has become a real Scubapro killer. We are now servicing more Apeks brand regs then Scubapro's!

Enjoy! :crafty:

Woah.. I'll be sure to write that down somewhere :) Thanks for the information... Thats just the kinda stuff everyone needs :) Thanks again :)

just did my third dive on my new atx50 last night...loving it more every dive...just breathes so smooth

Yeah i think afterall i'm probably going to go with the Apeks, seems like just a solid regulator, and a great buy.. Can't wait :) ... As for exactly where to buy, of course there is liesure pro, but, is there somewhere better to get it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom