Apeks Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MVacc

Registered
Reaction score
I've been looking at the Apeks ATX50.. any stories anyone would like to share? I'm still not decided, so your decision might be the feather on the camels back :p

Thanks

-Vacc

MVacc:
I've been looking at the Apeks ATX50.. any stories anyone would like to share? I'm still not decided, so your decision might be the feather on the camels back :p

Thanks

-Vacc
Well, I've only done two dives with mine (not counting a few dives on demo units prior to getting my own), but they work great.

This is a bit of a subjective / religious debate anyway, since you'll hear positive comments about any decent regulator.

Yeah i figured as much.. But, anything people have to say will help. I'd like to get a feel for what other people think before i go off and make that decision.

I have 4 regs, 3 are Zeagles and one is an Apeks. All are great regs. You can't go wrong with either of them.

The Apeks TX50s are great, I prefer them to the ATX50s mainly because of the exhaust - the internals are the same I believe. That said there are other top line regs which are as good as Quarrior said.
I stick to Apeks because I know how to service them myself.

Hey Vacc
The entire Apeks line, and ATX50 in particular, is an amazingly discussed topic on the board. You will find REAMS of more reading than you could imagine if you run a search on "Apeks" or "ATX50" or "best regulator".

This topic is well-discussed either individually, or in comparison to other regulators.

Happy reading..

(P.S. I have three sets of Apeks first stages, all with ATX50 second stages...)

JAG

Have an ATX50 reg and ATX50 octo. I do cold water diving (New England) as well as tropics. They work great.

Awsome, thanks :) I'll be sure to do one of those searches :)

Kim:
The Apeks TX50s are great, I prefer them to the ATX50s mainly because of the exhaust - the internals are the same I believe.
I agree, though I may eventually replace the bungeed backup with an ATX50 or ATX40, the exhaust tee is great when you're breathing off it but adds unneeded bulk IMO for the backup reg.

Back
Top Bottom