Apeks' free flow control device

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roakey:
If it's the first stgage, assuming we're talking a recreatioanl setup, no hoses will blow but the freeflow will move from one reg to the other, not solving anything.

I still agree with Mike's conclusions.

Roak

ooops...didn't think. I don't have any first stages with more than one second stage hooked up to it.

All things considered, if someone were to purchase and install one of these devices, I would think only one per regulator, mounted in line with primary second stage. Then if FF is first stage, octo can act as a safety valve. Just for the sake of the mechanics of it all, would these work if you had one on both a primary second stage and an octo with an overpressure relief valve in a spare port like those used with argon bottles?

Just had a talk with my LDS about the FFCD. He says it comes with a relief valve to be attached to the first stage.

That would solve the over pressure problem, but I guess it introduces one more link in the failure chain...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom