Apeks ATX40 vs Aqualung Legend Supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own both types mentioned, and certified to rebuild both. The biggest reason I see for chosing one over the other is the number of high pressure ports the Apex ATX50 I believe only has one (need to verify). Both are over balanced so be sure your octo matches, or it will leak at deeper depths. I use the apex for my deep/technical stuff and the legend for rec diving. Both are very good, high end regs.

Chuffy:
I live in the UK, so that rules that out! I have however bought an ATX50/ATX40 combo.
2 of my LDS sell & swear by the Legends, and 1 sells and swears by the Apeks. In the end I bought the Apeks from another place in the UK for £200 less than the sets at any of my LDS'. That made the decision for me. :D

well you can't go wrong with the Apeks reg's. Being in the UK, makes sense to buy there also since they are made there and would be much cheaper since you won't have to pay import fees/taxes.

mike_s:
well you can't go wrong with the Apeks reg's. Being in the UK, makes sense to buy there also since they are made there and would be much cheaper since you won't have to pay import fees/taxes.

I wouldn't bet on anything in the UK being cheaper than the US! :icosurpri

My LDS wanted £445 (US$778) for the ATX50 & ATX40 without console and I only live 30 miles from where they are made!! I paid £270 (US$472) online (in the UK). :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom