Apeks ATX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pants!:
The DS4 only has one HP port, and a lot of people using the wireless (it's not WiFi, but I'm picky like that :wink:) transmitters use analog SPGs as backup. The DS4 doesn't allow this since that requires a second HP port.

ok that's the DS4 but the DST is fine, and if you double them, there are no problems

Tamas:
ok that's the DS4 but the DST is fine, and if you double them, there are no problems

I think this guy is just diving singles, and so the choice between the ATX200 and a DS4/ATX50 would just boil down to whether you wanted two HP ports. (or that sexy satin finish on the ATX200). If you don't need a second HP port, the DS4/ATX50 is cheaper and doesn't have the hassel of the 1/2" port. As far as I know, the performance on the two regs (if not insides) are identical.

I use an ATX200 as a doubles reg (right post) and love it, but later this summer when I replace my left post reg, I'll get a DS4/ATX50, just because it's cheaper.

BTW, I spent a little time yesterday swimming against a 2 knot current at 90 feet. The ATX200 breathed like silk. Apeks regs rock.

Back
Top Bottom