Apeks ATX200, ATX50/DS4 Service Reqs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UWSojourner

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone out there provide the recommended servicing procedure for these regs? I have general info, but would like to know - down to solvents used for cleaning - what is recommended.

Thanks

I recommend taking it to a certified technician as there are too many unknowns to be listed. Secondly there is nothing different about servicing them compared to a regular regulator. I find that they are one of the easier regs to service when properly trained.

rescuediver009:
I recommend taking it to a certified technician as there are too many unknowns to be listed. Secondly there is nothing different about servicing them compared to a regular regulator. I find that they are one of the easier regs to service when properly trained.

Thanks.

UWSojourner:
Yeah, I appreciate that. I recently did take it to a certified technician and
didn't like the results.

I've torn down the regs before and have a manual generally describing the parts
and process of rebuilding them, etc. I was just looking for the actual
recommendations of Apeks for servicing (torque, solvents, etc. recommended
during the process of rebuild)..

Where did I get that? HA HA Caught it before the edit I guess. But the solvents are no different than for any other reg, nor the torques. Everything is standard, or pretty close to it. I can appreciate a bada job, but some thoughts are to investigate and find out if that is the quality of the job all the time or if he made an honest mistake. If not just go soemwhere else. Better yet send it to me !!!

If you poke around this site, you will find plenty of info on Apex regs

please email me for link.

Navigate from "talk" to "equipment" to "regulators" and enjoy

Thanks for the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom