Apeks ATX 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wanted a standard 50, not the octo. I rather not have some one out of air grabbing at the neon yellow octo arourd my neck.
Thanks for the reply. I'll check it out.

There's nothing internally different with an Octo and a second stage. A black second stage cover is easily swapped out for the yellow one. But take a look there under "octo" - you'll see it's black anyway.

I did look at it. I hope it is actually black. I saw the 50 octo today at Leisure Pro and it was yellow. Which is why I'm still looking tonight.

Probably the best deal at LP. Since you're in Scarsdale, it no big deal to drop in.

My LDS can get them, and I'll bet that the price is alot less because it is in canadian dollars. I got a 'not so common' DS4-ATX50 combo from them at a great price. They were the first apeks dealers in canada. Not too sure what the shipping will be to where you are, but I don't think too much. Let me know if it is an option. Black shouldn't be a problem either...

Boogie711 once bubbled...
There's nothing internally different with an Octo and a second stage. A black second stage cover is easily swapped out for the yellow one. But take a look there under "octo" - you'll see it's black anyway.

That was my question too... I have the Hogarthian setup now, and I used my "yellow" ATX40 on a short hose as a back up, and I don't want people to grab this one tinking it's the octo... where can I buy just the black cover for the ATX40???

Any authorized apeks dealer can get you one if it is a big deal to you.

Boogie711 once bubbled...
There's nothing internally different with an Octo and a second stage. A black second stage cover is easily swapped out for the yellow one.

Obviously it doesn't matter. But for the record, the flow switch is also yellow on the 'octo' versions.

I was able to order single ATX50 second stages without a problem from my LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom