Apeks ATX 50 Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Alright since almost all DIR diver use these regs you should know best what my problem is if any. I have just bought a DS4 and two ATX 50 regs. I am using a non-apeks 22" hose for my backup reg and have inserted the o-ring in its appropriate spot for the hose but it seems as though the o-ring isn't making contact when the hose is fully tightened to the heat exchanger. In the diagram layout of the reg the "seat" is what the o-ring sits on and that is what the hose mates up to. Should I just unscrew the seat a tad or does that have a function that should not be tampered with. By reading other DIR forums I am ready for the lectures etc. so bring it on. :wink:

Edjamakated:
Alright since almost all DIR diver use these regs you should know best what my problem is if any. I have just bought a DS4 and two ATX 50 regs. I am using a non-apeks 22" hose for my backup reg and have inserted the o-ring in its appropriate spot for the hose but it seems as though the o-ring isn't making contact when the hose is fully tightened to the heat exchanger. In the diagram layout of the reg the "seat" is what the o-ring sits on and that is what the hose mates up to. Should I just unscrew the seat a tad or does that have a function that should not be tampered with. By reading other DIR forums I am ready for the lectures etc. so bring it on. :wink:

A little confused here. Could you elaborate a bit more? Is this o-ring on the inner portion of the hose that seats to the inside of the air barrel? If so, the o-ring may be the wrong size or it may be cut. Take it out and take a look.

Yeah, I'm confused on this as well.

If it is the O ring that goes just below the threads on the hose, it is a pretty temperamental ring in my experience. I had to replace it once and it took two different tries to get just the right size and thickness, otherwise it leaked.

Same goes for the O ring that goes on the 1/2" to 3/8" adapter...

jagfish:
Yeah, I'm confused on this as well.

If it is the O ring that goes just below the threads on the hose, it is a pretty temperamental ring in my experience. I had to replace it once and it took two different tries to get just the right size and thickness, otherwise it leaked.

Same goes for the O ring that goes on the 1/2" to 3/8" adapter...

As it turns out that was precisely my problem sorry for the confusion its just awfully hard to explain this one. temeramental o-ring, I ended up replacing it and it is all good now. Thanks Guys.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom