Apek regs & bubble dispersal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leng

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the process of replacing my aging regulators (a 16 year old sherwood oasis) and I've more or less settled on one of the high-end Apeks rigs. However, while the TX100 received excellent reviews for bubble dispersal (useful when filming video) I've not yet found a review of the ATX200 which mentions this aspect of performance. From the pictures of the reg. the ATX seems to have a smaller exhaust (which is not a good sign).

Anyone have any practical experience? Does the older TX exhaust fit on the newer regs?

Thanks

I have used my buddies ATX200, and although I loved the reg, I did not care for the exhaust tee. It simply did not disperse bubbles as well as my Beuchats. It was not really noticeable too much, and something I could get used to, but it was not as good as I expected it to be. All in all though it is an excellent reg.

If your really concerned with where you bubbles are going, would suggest a side discharge second stage like a Poseidon Odin.

I have both a TX-50 and an ATX40 and the TX50 with the wide exhaust tee has much better bubble dispersion.

Anybody know if the TX exhaust tee can be fitted to an ATX reg?

Edit: I spoke to Apeks. The ATX200 exhaust is molded on and cannot be replaced. Ho hum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom