AP inspiration Classic service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the very true advice.
The cheap Classic rebreather, I bought will answer the very important question: Is rebreather for me?

The guy, that sold me the rebreather used it for his level 1, loved rebreather diving and then bought a JJ.
The rebreather is in fine condition, both handsets work, although one handset is hardly visible (LCD problem). It calibrates well with 3 new cells. The loops, lungs and bcd are fine.

I did call AP to verify, that they do classic head service. They do, but spare parts might be a problem. Therefore I bought 2 extra heads and handsets. These 3 heads are now on its way to AP factory. It must be possible to swop a handset, normal wire service and solenoid service. If so, I believe I have a fine rebreather. Before diving 1st stages will be serviced. It will all together be 1.100£, if it works.

I am surprised they do service on 20+ years old electronics. Believe they have a few service tecs left from the old days enjoying servicing the Classic:)
AP service is quite good!

And, when you feel the need, you will have the option to buy a new scruber bucket with 2020 electronics from AP

Enjoy your ride! I myself started with a Classic as soon as they declared end of product line, tryed other rebreathers, and ended up sticking with the inspiration (Using vison electronics now), eventually becaming an instructor, very reliable, and in spite of SM Caves, there's no dive i wasn't able to accomplish with the inspiration.

Regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom