AOW for vacations/resorts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did my AOW this summer, just for the reason that most dive charters in Key Largo insist on seeing it in order to take you out to the good rec wrecks.

I had a good instructor and went into it with a positive attitude and actually learned some stuff.

But I could definitely see how it could also be a "mail it in" proposition, depending on the instructor and the student.

I'm in the process of completing my AOW (for the same reason you listed above) now with a PADI instructor who happens to have GUE Cave 2 and is a member of my DIR club. The funny thing is, the person I asked to be my buddy for the class had only recently become OW certified. Since my AOW buddy has much to learn, our instructor asked us if we would mind adding several dives to our curriculum and has spent considerable time ensuring my buddy and I are learning everything to all our satisfaction.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom