AOW course in March- site/shop recommendations? (Any island)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pepper_the_rat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm planning a very last minute trip to Hawaii, and I realized this is a good opportunity to do my AOW certification. The only warm water diving I've done is the Kona manta ray dive. I haven't chosen which island to go to, so that's open. Any recommendations for this time of year? Any particular dive shops? I'm really considering between the Honolulu area and the west side of Maui, although I would do Kona again.

If you decided on Oahu, look up Gabe Scotti (scottitheduck on here) at Scuba Diving in Hawaii with Kaimana Divers | Dive Oahu with the pros. A good shop with good instructors. I've done my PADI Deep and Wreck with them.

If you decided on west Maui, check out Extended Horizons (Scuba Dive Maui 808 667 0611 Scuba Dive Lanai Extended Horizons - Maui's Leading Green Dive Shop - Lahaina, Hawaii). A good operation, but haven't done any courses with them. Other Maui operators (south Maui) to check out are Shaka Doug, Mike Severs, and Ed Robinsons.

I would strongly recommend Maui Dreams in Kihei for ANY training. I'd also strongly recommend Sam at Maui Dive Shop in Kihei, she's excellent!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom