AOW cost?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deputydan1:
when you pay for an AOW class, does that normally include the trip to molokini???

-d
Every other time we've been out with them they've had students. So seeing as their trips are about $100 a pop it's more like book two trips and get aow for $50. A steal if you ask me (although since I just said it I doubt you'll ask me).

that's interesting...

i just got a quote for $300 for the AOW class , PLUS i needed to pay extra for the boat ride....is that right? or am i getting stiffed? they said they'd give me 15% off the boat ride since we'll be AOW students...

hmmm..please advise...

thanks,

-dan

deputydan1:
that's interesting...

i just got a quote for $300 for the AOW class , PLUS i needed to pay extra for the boat ride....is that right? or am i getting stiffed? they said they'd give me 15% off the boat ride since we'll be AOW students...

hmmm..please advise...

thanks,

-dan
well . . . My class with B&B included included one dive in the crater of molokini to see the garden eels and down to 103ft, 1 backwall drift dive to 107ft, 1 drift dive off makena (don't know the name of the spot) and 1 boat dive at 7 graves off Makena (or is it 5 graves???) including a small cavern, cleaner shrimp stations and manta rays. 1 night dive off Ulua with an eagle ray that came close enough to pet (it was chasing my light and would have run into me if I had not moved) and 1 DPV dive to the St. Anthony wreck off of Ulua beach also (though we couldn't find the wreck that dive - lol)

All books and cert fees were included also - regular price is $250

They even filled my tanks after every dive (I prefered using my own tanks - DIN) and had my own gear, but they normally include all gear as well.

Guess you can decide how great a deal it is for yourself . . .

Aloha and have fun on Maui - Tim

thanks, tim.

yes, i heard the AOW class is really fun. looks like you had a great time..

looking forward to it!

-dan
kidspot:
well . . . My class with B&B included included one dive in the crater of molokini to see the garden eels and down to 103ft, 1 backwall drift dive to 107ft, 1 drift dive off makena (don't know the name of the spot) and 1 boat dive at 7 graves off Makena (or is it 5 graves???) including a small cavern, cleaner shrimp stations and manta rays. 1 night dive off Ulua with an eagle ray that came close enough to pet (it was chasing my light and would have run into me if I had not moved) and 1 DPV dive to the St. Anthony wreck off of Ulua beach also (though we couldn't find the wreck that dive - lol)

All books and cert fees were included also - regular price is $250

They even filled my tanks after every dive (I prefered using my own tanks - DIN) and had my own gear, but they normally include all gear as well.

Guess you can decide how great a deal it is for yourself . . .

Aloha and have fun on Maui - Tim

hehe, I am getting my NAUI AOW on the big island in Hilo for $165 through East Hawaii Divers :)

Of course this is the college student rate..... I think he charges like $250 for tourists. I also only did shore dives, which, on the big island, really is no different, theres not really anything you can see from a boat on the big island that you can't get to with a 4WD and a little swimming :)

But the cost of the course isn't that important right? I mean what's important is the quality of the instruction right?

right? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom