AOI vs Backscatter tray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hancockks

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm currently putting together an E-M1 with AOI housing system for my trip next spring. Does anyone have recommendations between the Backscatter and the AOI trays?

I have the AOI housing for my E-M1, mounted on an AOI tray, and honestly it does not provide a lot of working room between the housing and the handles. I love the AOI tray, and it was great with my E-M10 housing but it’s just not as comfortable with the E-M1 housing. I think it would be worse with the Backscatter tray, especially since it has those bends at the top of the arms. I don’t have a better solution yet, so I’m still using my AOI tray.

I had the backscatter tray and really didn't like it; the ball joints are hard to attach, and if the one pin goes that holds the ball joint in place (i.e., stops it spinning), you're toast. Get something where the ball joint is inherently part of the structure or is attached by something more than a single screw and post.

On the AOI housing (OM-1) I use a Nauticam Flextray II. Perfect positioning of the handles.
Bill

On the AOI housing (OM-1) I use a Nauticam Flextray II. Perfect positioning of the handles.
Bill

Thanks Bill! Seems the EM-1 mk III housing is almost the same size. Got a picture to share?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom