Anyway to test Flying Force Fin or Excellerating Force Fin in Finland?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sibermike. I hate to disagree, but the extra doesn't swim like a excellerator. The extra is a Pro FF on steroids, bigger, stronger and meaner. The excellerator, can do almost everything the extra can, but does so in a refined, pleasant manner.

I've said it before and I think it's worth repeating. The beauty of FFs comes out when you flex them. The extra takes a lot to load up. The excellerator however has a taper profile that lets you load up the whole fin for go, or just the tips for really fine movement. Both have a place, but I rarely find myself grabbing the extras while the excellerators are in constant rotation.
Having never owned excellerators, I couldn’t agree or disagree with your comparison. I’ll trust and believe your assessment.

However, my point was NOT that extras are the same but they are the closest you get to excellerators within the family. Thus, “comparable” (not exact or equal) characteristics. I based my answer on information provided by those who HAVE used both, including Bob and Blair when I was with them in St. Barbara years ago.

I would also point out that “loading the tips” for refined movement is something I do on every (ok, almost every) dive. Extras are “tip heavy” and the tips are quite easy to load without activating the whole fin.

Additionally, our Finnish friends are pretty “geared up” in my experience and will have no trouble getting Extras “fully loaded up” if necessary! I’m NOT trying to get them into extras over excellerators, however, trying out extras will allow them something to compare against their standard “board over the toes” fins. We’re only a 2-hour boat ride from Finland and I do have extras.

So! The best thing is for you to send me (free of charge, of course) a set of excellerators so that I can have them to compare to my extras. That way I can say, “Yep! You were exactly right!” I mean, isn’t providing a set of excellerators a small price to pay for vindication!!??? 😁

I’ll even do my part and provide you with an address in the USA so that you don’t have to pay overseas shipping! What a great guy, right! 😉

Having never owned excellerators, I couldn’t agree or disagree with your comparison. I’ll trust and believe your assessment.

However, my point was NOT that extras are the same but they are the closest you get to excellerators within the family. Thus, “comparable” (not exact or equal) characteristics. I based my answer on information provided by those who HAVE used both, including Bob and Blair when I was with them in St. Barbara years ago.

I would also point out that “loading the tips” for refined movement is something I do on every (ok, almost every) dive. Extras are “tip heavy” and the tips are quite easy to load without activating the whole fin.

Additionally, our Finnish friends are pretty “geared up” in my experience and will have no trouble getting Extras “fully loaded up” if necessary! I’m NOT trying to get them into extras over excellerators, however, trying out extras will allow them something to compare against their standard “board over the toes” fins. We’re only a 2-hour boat ride from Finland and I do have extras.

So! The best thing is for you to send me (free of charge, of course) a set of excellerators so that I can have them to compare to my extras. That way I can say, “Yep! You were exactly right!” I mean, isn’t providing a set of excellerators a small price to pay for vindication!!??? 😁

I’ll even do my part and provide you with an address in the USA so that you don’t have to pay overseas shipping! What a great guy, right! 😉
Really offtopic, but are there other good dive places in Estonia?

Really offtopic, but are there other good dive places in Estonia?
Well .... depends on your definition of "good"! :cool:
We have had quite a few satisfied Finns! Check out "Adventure Center" Rummu, Saaremaa, Hiiumaa

Kind of getting the new changes to SB....Any one ordering might like to know we are having a slow down due to lack of workers at our plant. Good idea to get your Force Fin orders in for Christmas. AeroHance is rolling but product is coming in from China where they have tons of tons of shoe sole waste. I have no problem helping them with this environmental problem. 25,000 pods coming in, We also have our USA production of hard plastic Pods. So you have a choice. AeroHance GasPods Project – Be Atmospheric
20190531_070507-fw.jpg

Sibermike,. Absolutely both are awesome for heavy loads, dry suits, doubles etc. I maybe should add it clarify my position. The extra loads up the entire blade with the flex starting under the foot, the excellerator will flex first at the tips and progressively towards the foot. It is a different feel

Sibermike,. Absolutely both are awesome for heavy loads, dry suits, doubles etc. I maybe should add it clarify my position. The extra loads up the entire blade with the flex starting under the foot, the excellerator will flex first at the tips and progressively towards the foot. It is a different feel
My brain says that it understands every word that you've written, but my feet really are waiting to experience the effect. Can't wait to get those excellerators from you! :cool:
I'll let you know my assessment once they arrive and I've had an opportunity to put them in the water! :D

All I can say is Kevin Gurr and many Tek divers in Europe use the Excell. I designed this Force Fin for Captain Billy Deans, Key West Divers...it's a true Force Fin winner for all your kicks. You can find Dan on Face Book. He is now a friend, but he sure kicked us down the road and did more harm than most. But when we had a chance to talk, he found out I was a nice person and stopped his negative reports. I was thinking the other day on how it took over 16 years to make the orginial Force Fin. Now at 71 years old it's seems like centuries ago making Force Fins. Our USA production is really in trouble and barely able to fill US Navy order. If you order it might takes weeks, so think twice about it. Thank you.
Hi Bob,

I've bought 6 or 7 pairs of FFs over the past 20 years, mostly Pro and Extra, but I wanted to get some Excellerating FFs in XXL for a trip coming up. Are you still thinking it'll take weeks to get a pair?

P.S. My avatar is a photo of me with my FF Extras at Tiger Beach (Bahamas). :cool:

TIA,
Bruce Yates

I’m in Tallinn and thought, “Hey, I can help.” Then I re-read your post. Nope. I have Pros and Extra. Rats

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom