Anyway, I started diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice to meet you aristotelis.

The main thing here is diving and enjoying to dive ;-) If you have a good network that's half of the work already done! Having some mentoring friends is ideal, who can give you small tips here and there on diving it self, equipment, etc. But just enjoy it!

That doesn't mean that having goals is not a good thing! That liveaboard on the red sea will blow your mind (do the wreck route if you like wrecks, or the brothers, or daedalus, or deep south, or , or ,or). Some liveaboards even rent out dpvs (redseaexplorers for example), very nice to try in such environment.

There are some amazing (deep) wrecks in Attica to dive! But that will probably be more of a long term goal ;-)

Congrats on trying fundies. Not easy at all, not just for a relative beginner like you, but also for much more experienced divers (I've seen instructors with 1000s of dives getting there asses handed back to them). So don't worry about the results. However in the end for most people who did a baseline course like that (fundies, essentials, fill in what you want), it really is worth it. I use basic fundies skills in ALL my diving and getting these tools in your early diving carreer is an incredible gift. But it really is very hard!

As said before don't focus on passes for now. Just keep enjoying being underwater, get used to the equipment, all the finesses of diving, and reach out to your local community. For sure you'll find tech minded divers (preferably GUE if your mid term goal is passing a fundies), and just dive with them from time to time. You'll get used to the GUE lingo (dive briefing in a specific way, equipment check in a specific way) and you'll see people use those basic skills in a non stressful way.

Gradually you'll start reading and dreaming about a hole in the ground or some piece of rust on the bottom of the sea that you want to stick your head in... then pursue the training, get the experience, get the gear to be able to do that dive. Hang the **** on, jump/crash into the water and do that dive ;-)

On the other hand... the pic below is of 1 of my best friends on a dive with me a couple of weeks ago on a deep croatian wreck. He's a 30+ dad now, but he was the youngest GUE diver in Belgium, starting with fundies when he was 15 or so, having to wait to become 18 to do his T1/C1, and being an ace RB80 cave and wreck diver before he was 25, doing project dives all over the place. So an early dive carreer fundies can be beneficial too :p

1659461686228.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom