Anything with Sony?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've recommended Sony for the "Quick Snap N' Shooter" as it's small, compact, has the pix power and produces some good quality photos. Add a little YS25 or 50 strobe and you have a neat little package until you decide on what you want...

I think they're great starters for "Quickies" - shoot and move on, shoot and move on.. type of diving... and they're out with a 7mpix too with an UW case?? haven't checked for a while, but my feeling is you'll do well with it... untill you can decide what you really want... heheh.. which of course is always the "Next Model"...
The Never Ending Story...

Good luck..

Hmm yes, because from some of my research, I found out the cost of UW casing is cheaper for Sony compare to Oly...

I don't want to plan on the next model thing, just get a good one and play with it long enough. Bcoz this stuff is $$$.

I have Sony stuff, recently upgraded from P9 to P150. I am happy with the results. I think the add-ons like strobes and lenses (wide angle and macro) make more difference to the images than the camera itsself. Although I do think manual settings are a real help.

Of course, the biggest overall factor is the operator.

Sony's in between shoot time is pretty fast too :wink: I like those camera which is really point and shoot just like those film camera... fast! no delay.

I do alot of sports photography, mostly hockey and photography to support my web development business. I am on my third Sony, DSC-F828 (8Mp). Had the 505 and 707 prior to that. I am just getting into UW photography and just got the Ikelite housing and strobes for it. First real use will be in August in Cozumel on the 21st. Will hit a couple of lakes for some practice runs but visibility is pretty poor. Will let you know how it goes. If I can get close to the quality of pics UW as I do on land they should be pretty impressive.

Cheers

We use a Sony DSC-P10 Cybershot with 1 GIG memory stick, the MPK-PHA UW housing. Just attached the new Sea Life strobe. Having some trouble getting the strobe to shoot with the optical cable as the camera wants to "check flash" or something 2-3 times which inturn makes the strobe go off prior to the camera shutter. Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

quickie, there's a preflash setting that needs to be adjusted either in the camera or on the strobe if that's possible.
PreFlash settings...
I don't know much more than that, and the otherw can go into details, but if you look around in the camera or strobe (if it has a setting, most don't) then it's just a matter of getting them right...
Hope that helps.. just wanted to get you a "quick" reply to get you on the trail... if that helps...
It's common, and may or MAY not be fixable...

Celo you need to turn-off the red eye reduction. Put the camera in setup mode and disable the red-eye. That should fix the problem.

Back
Top Bottom