Anything special to see in PV in October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaDoobaDo

Reaction score
We are going to Nueva Vallarta in October, is there anything special to see at that time of the year or should I leave my gear at home? Last time we were there was late November, we made one dive and swore I would never dive there again. We were on a cattle boat :baaa: and it took forever to get to los marietta's and back (mostly waiting for :snorkel: snorkelers... :snore: ), I'm considering giving it another chance with a dedicated dive shop... Any thoughts? A chance to see anything special? :hm: Give me some hope.....
BTW, I have searched and found nothing re: October sightings...

which dive shop did you use..i'm going there at the end of may and want to ensure i dont end up on a "cattle boat"

It was so unimpressive that I didn't even catch the name. It was a freeby set up for us by Paradise Resort... NEVER AGAIN.... Free is not always better.... I do plan on using this board (search function) to find a dedicated dive boat for the October Trip.
(Search Puerta Vallarta and there is a lot of good info regarding dive shops) Good Luck and let me know who you go with when you get back....

We did to the Canopy tour with the same company, that was a great trip. Had a lot of fun. The whole family went (about 20 of us) Most liked it, not Grandma though.

I too am going to Puerto Vallarta at the end of May. I have heard a lot of good things about Pacific Scuba. I will probably wind up using them when I go as, according to others on this site, have said that they don't do the 'cattle boat' thing and are quite professional. Hey Scuba you can check this thread to see if there is anything about diving in PV in October. http://www.scubaboard.com/t41952.html

scubadoobado
i have dove pv in october. water temp is great, and the surface temp is not that hot. the only concern will be ocassional rains. if i were you, i will try to dive another time there, not with a cattle boat. Pacific scuba and vallartech are dive shops i have dove with and are very good.
regards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom