Anything new with the sale of Blue Grotto?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah $40... There will probably be nothing but OW classes there now, not that there was much other than that before.... He's pretty much crossed that line where the price of the product exceeds its value.

i certainly won't pay $40 to go in there unless i absolutely have to (like to take
a class that MAKES me go there)

I've never been there. But dive boats are $50 average way dive in a deep pond for $40

$40 .... anyone know if this would guarantee that during winter-Sunday it's nice and emptyish after that increase? Is it common that they have several OW (or other) classes going on simultaneously?

Looks like my trip in th end of January will include a weekend day after all, and since can't find too many places open Sunday (for rentals) looks like Blue Grotto might be on the list for the first dip. Should we expect to have students crashing on our backs on a continuos flow if we go there on Sunday? Buddy has a new rig and I haven't been with Al tank for like 6 months, so first dive will be a lot of fiddling with setups/weights. Bad idea for first dive in Florida springs or are classes that frequent? Anyone in the know?

I went to Blue Grotton on a warm Sunday in November. Before the prices went up. The 11am dive was kinda busy. By the time I did the 3pm dive, there couldn't have been more than 15 people at the place. By the time we left around 5:30, it was nearly deserted. I'd imagine a 30% increase in fees would thin the crowd out pretty nicely considering all the other nearby sites are cheaper.

Of course, the class I am taking this month just HAD to schedule Blue Grotto for the dives. Three days worth! :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom