Anything new from Shearwater for DEMA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Predator display was discontinued by the MFG which is a big reason why it was discontinued. An OC hud would be nice, but you can use the Nerd in OC if you have it on a helmet, not ideal for most obviously, but it works.

the petrel could use work in the kludgy pc connectivity. .

Maybe I'm just a luddite, or it could be because the Mac interface I use is easier than what other OS interfaces are like, but what's the problem? You turn on the BT, you launch the downloader/uploader, and it does its thing. 60% of the time, it works every time.

How about a smart phone app for downloading profiles ............
Like this one? (Android only)

Reactions: Jax
I can't comment on the NERD but the petrel could use work in the kludgy pc connectivity.
This has worked out of the box on all my computers I have tried it on, with no problems. Connect the Bluetooth dongle to the computer, open up the desktop program, set the petrel in upload mode, I can't see how they can make it any easier. I haven't tried it with a Apple/Mac yet, so it might be problems there I am not aware of.

For new functionality, maybe compatibility with the IPad Bluetooth (I know this is Apples fault). Oh and a gold plated version with a "DiveGuard - Sick duck sound emulator" button.

.... Next stop, planning!
I know ... I know.
We were just discussing adding planning to our smartphone Apps (we have it already in divePAL Windows and divePAL iPad).
It's coming .... be patient :D

Very nice to hear. Been using your products quite happily since many were first developed. Keep up the good work!

I would like to see the Shearwater Desktop be able to create and save profiles that a diver could use so that all the information (gas, exposure suit, equipment, decompression etc.) would not have to be entered manually for each dive.

Or a least make it were that info would be carried over from the previous dive??? would help.

I have a predator and my wife has a petrel. They are good computers. They are still pretty big, and we've had trouble with the batteries on both, so they can still make them better. I'd assume they will keep getting thinner as future models are released. A digital compass as mentioned above would be nice, but is certainly not a requirement for a dive computer.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom