Anyone willing to house a diver for one night?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thebrain

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am diving this weekend but I made the plans to late so Lone Oak and the other cheap hotels are full. I was wondering if anyone would lend me their couch for the evening? I will not bring anything wet into the house, I am a mature, 25 yr old male who works as an architect. I would be happy to bring beer, desert, and/or La Farine sour baguette (best in Northern California....world....) as a token of my thanks.

I would also like to make it clear that this is a one time deal and I am not going to be hitting you up for a couch every weekend.

If anyone would like to help, please contact me at cope07@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Can't help you on the couch as I am way North, but have you checked places just North of Monterey like Sand City, etc?

Hi everyone, I am diving this weekend but I made the plans to late so Lone Oak and the other cheap hotels are full. I was wondering if anyone would lend me their couch for the evening? I will not bring anything wet into the house, I am a mature, 25 yr old male who works as an architect. I would be happy to bring beer, desert, and/or La Farine sour baguette (best in Northern California....world....) as a token of my thanks.

I would also like to make it clear that this is a one time deal and I am not going to be hitting you up for a couch every weekend.

If anyone would like to help, please contact me at cope07@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance everyone.
I heard a really nasty rumor that this weekend there is some kind of motorcross race at Laguna Seca. When that happened last year, I remember that the roads out of Monterey were so jammed that after spending a couple of hours just sitting in the parking lot on 101 we finally went back to the shop and slept on the floor. In other words, if what I heard is true NOBODY wants to go to Monterey this weekend!

@zf2nt, thanks for the tip, I will try to drive in super early on sat and get my butt out of town as fast as possible on sun.

@tracydr, their baguette truly is exceptional. Pastries aren't shabby either

I heard a really nasty rumor that this weekend there is some kind of motorcross race at Laguna Seca. When that happened last year, I remember that the roads out of Monterey were so jammed that after spending a couple of hours just sitting in the parking lot on 101 we finally went back to the shop and slept on the floor. In other words, if what I heard is true NOBODY wants to go to Monterey this weekend!

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/calendar

Not motocross, motorcycle road race. Red Bull US Grand Prix which is a REALLY BIG deal.

I found it:

"Boasting the largest spectator attendance of any race held at Mazda Raceway, the Red Bull United States Grand Prix, featuring the MotoGP World Championship, returns to Monterey for its eighth consecutive year. MotoGP is the world’s premier motorcycling championship..."

This is sort of a field day for the CHP on Hwy 1, isn't it? I'm sure they're salivating already.

I watched the Moto GP practice at Laguna Seca last year. Those guys are crazy fast. They were hitting 175 mph on the straights.

Anyway...good plan going super early...like 3am.

We were there last year during the races. Traffic down was no problem. Coming home...well we didn't leave early enough. With a smart phone we were able to map around a large portion of the traffic, but still were faced with an extra hour of getting 70mpg sitting in traffic. If you left by 2:00 pm I would guess you can easily beat the traffic.

There's a website for people willing to let travelers stay at their homes. The address is escaping me, but there's an entire online community willing to share their couches for a night or two.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added July 17th, 2013 at 05:31 AM ----------

Found it https://www.couchsurfing.org/

Good luck.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom