ANYONE WANT TO DIVE NEAR PORTSMOUTH? (CAR/LODGING FREE?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M DeM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Was supposed to dive with Portsmouth Scuba on the Isle of Shoals, but there was a BIG missing communication and now I can't go.

or anyone dive around the area that needs a buddy? I'm actually staying in Kennebunkport, so anywhere within an hour/hour.5 would be great.

Please note that I cannot DECO dive. I know there's a visit to the crane, but it's at 150' and I've only been to about 120. I'd rather save a deco dive until I have way more dives under my belt.

Let me know or email me at demarcom@verizon.net

Where is this crane of which you speak? Not at the isles of shoals? I'm not aware of anybody up going to a crane or deco diving... That's the specialty of the Gauntlet on Cape Ann, I think.

Anyway, you are near three good dive sites in K'port:

SCUBA Knowtes, Southern Maine Shore Dive Site Guide

It's actually out of Beverly, MA (well the boat is out of there) but here's the info: Crane Wreck - Northern Atlantic Dive Expeditions - Wreck Diving, Exploration, Training

you think that's a good idea? A deco dive for someone with less than 50 dives under their belt? (or was that sarcasm I failed to detect?)

Sarcasm my bad - if you are not ready to hit 150 ft - you for sure not ready for deco...

Most of the divers I have met in person from the online have not been up to the task. So what I meant was - obviously poorly worded was - Don't jump the gun. I have to dive with someone more than 10 times in various conditions before I even discuss deco... But here you are asking for someone to meet you for a dive and you are mentioning deco - not that you are certified or not just deco. Humble pie goes a long way first... then and only then when you are comfortable and your buddy is comfortable that you can both handle the next step - then you can discuss...

My 2 cents...

you think that's a good idea? A deco dive for someone with less than 50 dives under their belt? (or was that sarcasm I failed to detect?)

AN/DP course would be a good idea befor any deco dives.

Sarcasm my bad - if you are not ready to hit 150 ft - you for sure not ready for deco...

Most of the divers I have met in person from the online have not been up to the task. So what I meant was - obviously poorly worded was - Don't jump the gun. I have to dive with someone more than 10 times in various conditions before I even discuss deco... But here you are asking for someone to meet you for a dive and you are mentioning deco - not that you are certified or not just deco. Humble pie goes a long way first... then and only then when you are comfortable and your buddy is comfortable that you can both handle the next step - then you can discuss...

My 2 cents...
Oh, no... that's exactly what I was saying! I was saying "I can't deco dive!" because someone offered me a spot on a charter going to the Crane Wreck, which is a deco dive. So I wanted to let folks know I can't do that. And honestly, I'm not sure if I *ever* want to deco dive which is why I said I won't deco dive until I have way more dive under my belt. Like 5,000!

AN/DP course would be a good idea befor any deco dives.
Yeah, I'm not sure I will ever feel the need to deco dive. But who knows? But seeing as I'm only around 50 dives, it's definitely not in my future any time soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom