Anyone Wanna Treasure Hunt In Austin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phazeshyft:
I am in Georgetown and would like to do a treasure hunt too. Is there any rules about diving the shute in New Braunfels? i know snorkelers have found tons there but its a shallow dive and not a whole lot of places to go.
Other than that i have been wanted to try out Lake Georgetown but need a local dive buddy, anyone interested?

Phazeshyft how's the new little one. Didn't you tell me your wife was due in June. :06: congrats.

Diving in the Comal this time of year is a bit dangerous (drunk tubers) unless you go very early in the morning. No rules about diving there that I am aware of. Their trash fest will be coming up in Oct. This time of year Travis is good and has warmed up.
Ann

I've done the comal many a times. The currents near the tube chute can be pretty crazy, but you can find some good stuff there. It usually collects in the middle of the pool at the bottom of the damn/tube chute.

Lake Travis has some great stuff also. I've found bottles, wallets, sun glasses, a few dive lights, and miscelaneous pieces of dive gear. Recently, near the damn we pulled up an old drill transmission at about 90ft right next to the wall.

Back
Top Bottom