Anyone Using The Zeagle Covert XT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is a simple enough task to swap out those two straps for quality cam bands, but after feeling the stability of a backplate with a STA, the fabric back just won't cut it.
The Express Tech has two full straps, and it's plenty stable with a tank strapped in.

so a year and about 60 dives in, it shows little signs of wear and tear and has worked perfectly every time.

a couple pictures to show my current set up
View attachment 607569 View attachment 607570

so really only a couple addons. the light and scissor holders are not meant for diving and have steel snaps I just replaced both after a year (about 5-10 bucks ea.) but it keeps them handy and neat. the Zeagle pocket is nice, big enough for a spare mask or what ever I need, it also comes off the belt very easily if I don't need it. I like the d-ring on the left side, but I'm not happy with using it for the DSMB. I don't like things flapping about.

One thing I don't like about the BCD is the smallish d-rings on the shoulder straps I sometimes struggle reconnecting to them with heavy gloves.

Thanks for responding!
I have the same pocket that I added via the screw mounts (melted a second hole in the strap on the back to mount to the bottom hole as well for more stability).

Where did you find your molle connectors / d-ring? Those look handy. I have my DSMB/Reel in my pocket currently to keep it from flapping around - I see a lot of prople with BP/W setups putting them on a d-ring on the small of their back - maybe something that can be sewn on later?

Where did you find your molle connectors / d-ring?
innovative scuba has several different molle connectors like the d-ring. The light and scissor pockets are off amazon they have lots of different pouches ect.

I was looking at the Zeagle quick link and zipper systems the other day. was going to see if they would work on the XT.

a couple of the other comments about fit seem to hold true, I'm a pretty big guy (6' and 270 lb) and I wear a large? whatever works I guess. the comments about heads up trim and unstable tanks ring true, but usually I think I'm new enough that most issues are with me not my gear. I'm also working on weight placement.

I love it all around, fits well, easy to use, no complaints here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom