Anyone using the Uwatec SmartCom?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lal7176 once bubbled...

USB devices:

• Greenwich Instruments Ltd.: GIrBIL USB
• Tekram Technology: IRMate-410U
If you are looking for a USB device and are in the US you will have a hard time finding either one of these. They seem to be more easily available in Europe.

I have found an adapter that works with the Smart Pro so I can only assume it works with the Smart Com as well, and it is fairly inexpensive ($33.)

http://store.yahoo.com/sagetac/bafbfusbtoir.html

NITF

I also have the Bafo BF-120 IrDA. Bought it at Fry's in LA. It works fine with the Smart Com. However I still have a little trouble with aiming the Smart Com with the IrDA but usually after moving the unit around a bit, I can get the connection to work ok.

lal7176 once bubbled...

may vary depending on different PC / operating system combinations and therefore Uwatec can not guarantee the correct operation.

Serial Infrared devices:

• Uwatec: Smart IR device, MA-600
• ACTiSYS Corp.: IR-220L+
• Extended Systems: ESI-9680 JetEye
• Tekram Technology: IRMate-210

USB devices:

• Greenwich Instruments Ltd.: GIrBIL USB
• Tekram Technology: IRMate-410U

I'm using the actisys IR2000U USB adaapter, and it's flawless. just plug it in, reboot windows so it finds it, and it's ready to go.

I was searching for a cheaper IR adapter option than the one sold by UWATEC/Scubapro and a I found this post. Currently I dive using a Smart Com it is a great computer and I be able to keep diving it for a long time. I did notice that the last post in this thread was Dec 2002 has anyone found anyother IR Adapters that ones listed here are hard to find. Thanks
Tom

i have the same computer and couldn't find an adapter in any store. i ordered mine from trianglecables.com. it was 50 bucks but works great. BTW, the device on the website doesn't say that it works with windows XP but that is what i'm using at it works fine. it took about four days for them to deliver. it is a USB connection.

thanks for your time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom