Anyone used the Sea Pump?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DomRep Diving

Contributor
Reaction score
I found this in an old thread. It's called the Sea Pump... it's kind of a Underwater drinking apparatus... have any of you used it?
I'm looking for some kind of method for drinking underwater during long dives.... but the SCUDA is not an option... I though of using a camelbak or something like that... but this product seemed interesting.... any opinions?

Here is the website:
Sea Pump

I'm glad you clarified what this item was in your post!

It sure got my attention!!:wacko:

I'd just use a camel-pack (or similar hydration pack), if it were me. You could just remove your reg and take a sip when needed. Not only that, but a simple camel-pack is only about $40 and you can use it for other stuff as well. I got a Blackburn Hydro-Pack from CampMor for $18 or so. It's ugly as sin but it works great.

My $.02 worth.

:thumb:

....does it come in five and seven foot hose versions?

I would just use a Camel Pack or a simular system. This just adds complexity and failure points to your regulator. JMHO.
Lloyd

They are cheap (about $8) and they work. Fill it with fresh water or gatoraid mixed 50% with water for rehydration.

Mike D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom