Anyone used the Scubapro Equator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ratherbdivn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am thinking about getting the new Scubapro Equator. Has anyone here used it. I am looking for something I can use as everyday BC here on the Alabama Gulf Coast and also low profile that will travel well when going on dive trips.

Does anyone have any views on this? I am also considering the Equator (my first BC purchase) and someone was pushing this in the last shop I visited. I mostly dive abroad in warm water (hence looking for a light BC) but sometimes in the UK. Looking for something weight integrated. Thanks!

I bought one for my daughter. Newbie. It's perfect for her as she can take for warm water vacations. I love the travel bag (which I now use to store my dry suit!) I put an Air 2 on it. If you need a lot of weight, this is not the BC as you're only limited to what you can stuff in weight pouches (doesn't have trim pouches like the Classic) This is not an issue with her unless she decides to dive Dry some day.

Her only beef was it didn't come in Pink.

I bought one for my daughter. Newbie. It's perfect for her as she can take for warm water vacations. I love the travel bag (which I now use to store my dry suit!) I put an Air 2 on it. If you need a lot of weight, this is not the BC as you're only limited to what you can stuff in weight pouches (doesn't have trim pouches like the Classic) This is not an issue with her unless she decides to dive Dry some day.

Her only beef was it didn't come in Pink.

Hey - it does come in red, isn't that close enough?

I'm considering this BCD. But I have been unable to find out one critical bit of info...

reefseal, can you describe the size of the unit when it's packed for travel? You say it comes with a "travel bag"? What's the size/shape? That info seems to be available nowhere, and it's pretty important to me.

Also, how does the AIR2 work out with it? I'm considering an integrated safe second/oct, too (although I'm waffling between the Scubapro and the Atomic, since I think I'm going with an Atomic reg for my primary).

Many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom