Anyone use Skype from Ocrean Reef Yacht Club?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

COPyroDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Good Morning,

My son and I are traveling to Grand Bahama Island tomorrow and are staying at the Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort. I was wondering how good their wireless Internet service is and if anyone has ever used Skype to make voice calls from there?

I will want to VPN back into the office and make free Internet calls home if the VOIP quality is good enough.

Thanks,

Tim

We have the dive shop located at Ocean Reef and Skype works fine. All the boaters at the marina use it and do not have any problems.

Melinda
Grand Bahama Scuba

My wife and I spend 2 weeks at Ocean Reef each year. I'm not a Skype user. The wireless signal is week, but it works. The wireless is not free. If memory seves it's $5/ day or $25/week.

Edit: I stand corrected, I've been told that the wireless is now free and with good signal!!

Are you diving with Grand Bahama Scuba?? Theyre on site at Ocean Reef and just a short walk from your room!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom