Anyone up to losing 10 lbs w/me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's rough when you go on vacation and can't find good food options....it makes it impossible to keep on track, no matter how much you want to. Hopefully you'll figure out a way to keep from gaining everything back before you get home.

Kathy, your comments have me worried! I planned to drop 30 pounds when I go to the Philippines (hopefully not on my toes). I don't want to gain any weight!

Island living and warm water diving for 11 weeks has not been the best for fitness I have to admit. But the diving was well worth the sacrifice :wink:!

The good news is that the weight gain is no where near a major disaster or a total loss & I should be back to where I am very happy inside of a month.

Finally returning to the USA and gym in a few days & can't wait for the grilled meats, fresh veggies & the gym!

Great work ladies & thanks for the support!

Ha ha, I deffinately overestimated the damage. Back in the states and hit the gym to find out - simply a couple lb weight gain from 11 weeks of lazy warm water diving & cafe eating ;-).

Will clean that up inside of 2 weeks! No big deal! It's great to be back to fresh vegges & my gym!

It must have felt great to know that you were able to keep from gaining much while on your trip! That's the mark of a true lifestyle change!! Congrats!

I'm in a bit of a weight loss stall right now....but with 25 pounds down (and 25 to go), I can't complain too much. Plus I'm really trying to focus on getting a workout routine down, so my attention is definitely on that more than anything. I'm still sticking to my new eating lifestyle, just eating a bit more of everything than would be ideal for losing weight. Once my exercise routine is in place (a couple/three weeks), I'll be able to cut back on the calories a little and the weight should start falling off again. Plus being stable isn't such a bad thing as it gives my body time to re-adjust my "set point" down a few notches, making weight gain less likely to occur.

Speaking of which, I should go feed my puppy and get on the treadmill!

It must have felt great to know that you were able to keep from gaining much while on your trip! That's the mark of a true lifestyle change!! Congrats!

I'm in a bit of a weight loss stall right now....but with 25 pounds down (and 25 to go), I can't complain too much. Plus I'm really trying to focus on getting a workout routine down, so my attention is definitely on that more than anything. I'm still sticking to my new eating lifestyle, just eating a bit more of everything than would be ideal for losing weight. Once my exercise routine is in place (a couple/three weeks), I'll be able to cut back on the calories a little and the weight should start falling off again. Plus being stable isn't such a bad thing as it gives my body time to re-adjust my "set point" down a few notches, making weight gain less likely to occur.

Speaking of which, I should go feed my puppy and get on the treadmill!

Hi DiveMaven. That's a great weight drop! Hope you kept it off & are still loosing! I'm off the scale but working out lots and starting to feel the body springing back into shape - will check the scale in a week or two.

Hi all!!! i haven't been on the board much the last six months or so.........on my new job i can't goof around on the internet at work.........so.......that's been crampin' my style!!! i used to goof around online on my lunchtime all the time........can't do that now. I am so impressed to see that this thread is still going strong!!!!! And i am happy to report that.......prior to my vacation to Bonaire last year.......i did lose 11 pounds........AND continued my quest after vacation , and went on to lose another 9 pounds!!! That put me right where i wanted to be. Now........that said........i DID enjoy the holidays........and ate everything i wanted and then some all the way from december 24th to january 10th!! lololol That cost me about 3 1/2 pounds..........not bad!!!! I can handle that!!! I did not go to the gym for the rest of july, and all of august and most of september.....but found my way back there and have been going three times a week for almost four months straight again now........and this is breaking new territory for me......to be going to the gym during december and on into january when it's gets pretty chilly at 5am in a car that's been on the driveway. If i've made it this far.....i can keep it up from here on. I'm loving how toned and fit i am........and of course am pretty happy with my shape as well. I shall lose this 3 1/2 pounds.......and it shouldn't take too long......and would like to lose an additional one pound after that for an extra cushion:) So glad to see you guys are still going strong too!!!! I'm impressed!!!

Hi DiveMaven. That's a great weight drop! Hope you kept it off & are still loosing! I'm off the scale but working out lots and starting to feel the body springing back into shape - will check the scale in a week or two.

Sorry to reply so late. Thanks, and not only have I kept it off, I'm down a total of 35 pounds now. I did find out this summer that my thyroid my be "subclinical", but since I had just started my exercise program (treadmill 55 min/day about 5-6 days a week), I wanted to wait a few months before thinking about adding any medication.

Going for another blood test later this month and if it says my thyroid is still down, I'll be starting medication to get it back to normal. Could help me lose that last 20 pounds I want to lose...but given the choice, I'd rather not be on medication and simply have to continue the struggle.

hi there......i was diagnosed as hypothyroid over a decade ago and have been on thyroid hormone all this time.......i've had no side effects from the medication. it won't be a miracle cure for weight loss by any stretch.......but will ensure that your metabolism doesn't get ridiculously slow. it may take awhile to get settled on the correct dosage......but once you do that......you'll look back over time and realize that you've been feeling better and it's not as difficult to maintain or lose weight if your body has enough thyroid hormone going around:) this week my two girlfriends that have been going to the gym w/me since september...and i have decided to go four times a week now instead of three. so this week it will be mon/tues/thurs/fri. so far, so good! now i just need to cut back on my eating........i've been too lax about that since christmas and have gained a few back.

Thanks for the info about your experiences with thyroid meds. Don't get me wrong, I don't think going on thyroid meds will be a magic pill and "poof!" I'll lose weight. What I do believe is that if my thyroid is compromised that getting it back to normal will help reduce the hurdle. Its still about permanent lifestlye changes and requires work to lose weight, but having a normal body chemistry simply has to help! :)

Congrats on getting back in the groove after Christmas. That's a tough time of year.

Donnad & Divemaven I'm so happy to hear you have continued with the weight loss! This thread was quite a sucess! I dropped the weight, picked a few back up and am now back into my very happy zone! I wish you both a very happy & healthy 2010! Thanks for all the support!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom