Anyone try this gopro fix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'm looking for fixes too, as well as bundle with the gopro cam included.

That sartek case is pretty expensive
So far the cheapest deal i've found is that: Freedivingspearfishinggear.com but i can't get any feedback from anyone, so i guess not so many people around here tried it. And i don't know if they're official retailers of GoPro

It seems even the eyeofmine is cheaper and it's been widely tested around here

It seems even the eyeofmine is cheaper and it's been widely tested around here

Well, Eye of Mine's "Professional" product is the same price, and this Sartek one does look like a cleaner modification. Also, an important problem with the Eye of Mine solution is that their international shipping policy makes it difficult for people like me to place an order in the first place. I just placed one for this Sartek housing in the hope they'll take a money order or similar (PayPal is, of course, Evil).

You might want to check GoForFocus as well, they have links to resellers worldwide (germany, france, US)
Each have their own shipping policy so you might find one that suits your needs.
I'm planning on ordering the lens from their france reseller in the next month.

The free dive spearfishing site is an american distributer for the (german) go for focus stuff. What I was wondering in all this is that the sartek solution was a modified dome port, which I was hoping would eliminate the vignetting seen with the flat port fixes at resolutions other than 1080p (both eye of mine and go for focus are flat ports). Judging from another thread, it looks the same.
I keep wondering when the manufacturer might come up with a fix.

Back
Top Bottom