anyone tried this slate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mrs Fic

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i don't watch this forum, so forgive me if this is a repeat, but has anyone tried this gadget i just found on the web?

http://www.aquasketch.com/media/minno-flier.pdf

also, i met a couple in the Philippines in April who had designed a graphite slate pencil that retracted, self-sharpened, and had an available coiled lanyard and eraser attached to the slate. they were going to work out some of the kinks in their design, apply for patent, and start marketing it to retailers. i have no idea what their name was nor do i remember the name of the pencil. i'd probably remember if i heard/saw it. anyone know anything about this? it was such a cool pencil and would be great for instructors/dive leaders, and our DM in Philippines used one they gave him during every dive and loved it also...

thanks,

I got the white/green model this year from LeisurePro.

It is nice having the ability to write a lot without erasing. It does have moving parts and is not bulletproof like a flat board. The system is well thought out and I like it. For someone that is rough on equipment, it may not be worthwhile. The eraser is a white squishy material the size of a pencil eraser 1/4" (too small to handle with gloves) attached to a tiny piece of velcro. The pencil comes lose easily, but I just made it fit better. I do not erase underwater anyway.

LeisurePro Link to more reviews:

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/CategoryID_976/Context_974/Sort_Stock/DescSort_0/Filter_6%3d537/AQUSM.html?Hit=1

Last edited:
I got the white/green model this year from LeisurePro.
...and? how do you like it, does it work well, was it worth the money, etc...

I recently bought one and love it - I'm used it while getting my certification. above ground i took notes while my instuctor gave directions on skills to do, below the surface i checked all my notes to perform the skills properly. i know i would have forgotten if i didn't have these notes. Its part of my standard equipment now, because I have lots of questions while diving and don't have to worry about erasing or running out of room. BTW, went to the Trident booth at DEMA this year and see that now with Aquasketch you can scan and save your notes with a small portable scanner, the notes get imported right into a Word document for archiving. My notes aren't worth scanning yet but i bet this would be handy for technical divers. I don't use that squishy eraser, i just use a regular one

i don't watch this forum, so forgive me if this is a repeat, but has anyone tried this gadget i just found on the web?

http://www.aquasketch.com/media/minno-flier.pdf

also, i met a couple in the Philippines in April who had designed a graphite slate pencil that retracted, self-sharpened, and had an available coiled lanyard and eraser attached to the slate. they were going to work out some of the kinks in their design, apply for patent, and start marketing it to retailers. i have no idea what their name was nor do i remember the name of the pencil. i'd probably remember if i heard/saw it. anyone know anything about this? it was such a cool pencil and would be great for instructors/dive leaders, and our DM in Philippines used one they gave him during every dive and loved it also...

thanks,
Way too big for me. I have this one. Think Wet Notes the better solution.

hmmm, guess it depends on how much room you need. i saved the (ascending/descending) instructions from certification as a safety measure - in case i need them i just scroll back and re-read them. I fill out the contact information at the beginning of the dive log too, in case of emergency. ..works for a newbie like me...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom