Anyone tried a Sea Elite wetsuit (Divers Supply brand)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlwalke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've spent way too much money already this year on diving equipment, but early next year hope to get my first wetsuit. Ay Carumba - they aint cheap!! I have seen some real good prices at Divers Supply on their store brand. Like maybe $140 or so on a full-length 3 mm, and another $100 for a custon fitting. Has anyone had any experience with these? I tried one on in their store and it felt good enough. Plus, I really despise turtlenecks and doubt that I would like the style that wraps around your neck. Theirs have more of a front zipper, almost V-neck type design that I have not yet seen from too many other manufacturers.

Thanks,
Dave

My dive buddy got the semi dry 5/7mm Sea Elite suit and loves it!! Great Price and good construction... See ya, Joe.

A 3mm Expedition 2-piece. I have dived it in the springs and in the gulf (April). It's very well made. Mine came with zippers at the ankles, so putting on the Farmer John is a snap. It doesn't have zippers at the wrists. You may want to consider having them added. They really don't have a v-neck. They zip all the way up. I don't think you really want anything that does, because that would let water flow-through and defeat the purpose of wearing an exposure suit.

Jarhead

Hey I bought a Sea elite 5mm hyper stretch wetsuit in 2011. Fit was very good. easy to get on and off. Only down side I have is pull starp to short for my short arms to grab and pull up. Do need more sizing like short lengths. Cant bet price.

I have a Sea Elie (X-Flex) 3/2 Equator and it's a really nice suit. My son has the 3/2 Equator (standard) and loves it.

My wife and daughter have a 7mm xflex full wetsuit. They are rubbish. My wife would have put in less than 30 dives and I have had to repair it 4 times. Soft neoprene with weak thin material over it. Just falls apart. My daughter's one sits in cupboard and she has a good semi dry now.

Spend the money on a name brand.

Note: be wary of the customer feedback. Not one of my reviews has been posted on their site

Back
Top Bottom