Anyone seen this guy at Shaw's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have heard to not touch their back flippers because its a show of dominance, which is why they tend to tug on your fins somewhat.

JmDiver and I are heading to Laguna on New Year's Day. Hopefully, we'll run into her. She looks like a big tease though...and high maintanance.

Anybody named her yet?? Laguna sounds like a girl's name :blinking:

My wife has affectionately named her Sammy. Now that we know it's a girl, Sammy is short for Samantha.

Hope your dive on New Year's Day was a great one!

Thanks for sharing the pictures and the story. Be sure to post more in the thread if you see her again!

My wife has affectionately named her Sammy. Now that we know it's a girl, Sammy is short for Samantha.

Hope your dive on New Year's Day was a great one!

I like it =)

Dive was nice, though we didnt spot Sammy. Weather was good, surf was non-existent (surgy in the channels though), viz was acceptable.

JmDiver and I are heading to Laguna on New Year's Day. Hopefully, we'll run into her. She looks like a big tease though...and high maintanance.

Anybody named her yet?? Laguna sounds like a girl's name :blinking:

I thought you are used to high maintanance teases???

FWIW, this guy is always at Shaw's cove ... and usually alone. It's been my experience that he's pretty brave, but not aggressive. I just love it when he shows up.

I have to tell everyone this. As I was reading the post and envisioning myself solo and how I would react to large sea life, my dog came up from behind and put his snout in my side right under my arm pit as to get a hug. I must have drifted into thoughts of seals from behind because it startled me. Did not scream but did have to pull the chair out of my arse.

Great photos and thanks for the laugh. :rofl3:

I thought you are used to high maintanance teases???

Well, I divorced one :D

How the heck are you Laurel? Life treating you well in King City?
HOF and I are planning a road trip to dive Monterey in the spring...maybe you could join us!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom