Anyone need a scuba web dominator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...and the American version:
hqdefault.jpg

@gr8jab ,

Awesome work!
Put me down for dozen of 2" please. I have my own bungee if it makes any difference.

Thanks

I would definitely be keen on several.

OK great everyone! Thanks for the interest. Sometime soon I'll to start a list and put it in the original post.

OK great everyone! Thanks for the interest. Sometime soon I'll to start a list and put it in the original post.
PM me with the edits and I will do them for you, you can only edit your own post in a 24 hour window.

Hi all,

I'm back from Germany, recovered my crashed RAID box with my taxes before 4/15, and finally am working on the project again.

Today I tested some cutting parameters (power, speed, and number of passes). I haven't quite dialed it into a good setting to minimize plastic melting during the cut, but I'm close enough to make another prototype. The quality is fine at this point, but I'm going to try to optimize.

The only remaining challenge is how to bend the edge up in a controlled and repeatable manner without melting the nearby plastic. Today I used a vice and a small heat gun. It worked, but was totally uncontrolled and not repeatable. I had a little unwanted damage. I'm going to try to build a fixture and heat sink to make the bending cleaner and faster.

Check out the pics:

test run 1.jpg
test run 2.jpg
test run 3.jpg
test run 4.jpg

how long is it end to end? Converting it to a 3d part in sketchup but I'm not certain of the scale.

@The Chairman
Couldn't seem to upload an stl to the site directly, but here's a first whack at converting this to a 3d object with sketchup. When I load it into my slicer, it looks too thick. I set it to 2.5mm.. maybe that's too much. 51mm slot size (50.8mm=2inch). Also, I didn't add the bend...

http://www.kellyphotos.org/ForumPics/webdom/web_dom_v1.stl

A14E0FE8-AACE-46E0-9972-453FD1F5289D.jpeg
how long is it end to end? Converting it to a 3d part in sketchup but I'm not certain of the scale.

@The Chairman
Couldn't seem to upload an stl to the site directly, but here's a first whack at converting this to a 3d object with sketchup. When I load it into my slicer, it looks too thick. I set it to 2.5mm.. maybe that's too much. 51mm slot size (50.8mm=2inch). Also, I didn't add the bend...

http://www.kellyphotos.org/ForumPics/webdom/web_dom_v1.stl

There are some cooler features in the Z-axis on a standard 1" dominator. Maybe you could add those to help secure the edges a little better.

Back
Top Bottom