Anyone need a scuba web dominator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any chance you'd be willing to share the cad file? I'd like to see how this prints on my sla printer.

Tinker on dude......tinker on....

Looks like an interesting project. Would this be good for the standard straps on a BPW?

Yes, standard straps for a BPW are 2", same size as my prototype. I'm also going to make some 1.5" models, which is the size of the straps on my current BCD.

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the great replies. To everyone who has offered me money, thanks. I'll wait until I have some viable pieces to ship before I accept it.

Good news
  1. I've received my first sheet of delrin. The thickness and stiffness appears to be perfect, but I will have to check it again after the first cut.
  2. I've had enough interest from people that I'll be ordering a 2nd sheet of delrin, but only after I'm sure the thickness is OK.
  3. I uploaded all my files onto a google drive. Everyone is welcome to modify/play as they wish.

Mediocre news
  1. the bungee I bought was too small (diameter). I'm going to order the next size up.
Bad news
  1. I've been ordered to Germany for work. Germany is fine, and I like work, but it's an unexpected emergency trip. The work on web dominators will be suspended until I return. Probably 2nd week of April.

Mid April will work for me.

Re Germany: If "farfegnugen" means driving pleasure, does "tauchennugen" mean diving pleasure?

Have fun,

Couv

Mid April will work for me.

Re Germany: If "farfegnugen" means driving pleasure, does "tauchennugen" mean diving pleasure?

Have fun,

Couv

I remember that VW campaign. I don't think fahrvergnügen was a word before then, so claims my German college roommate. But the Germans have habit of string words together to make new (longer) ones. For example:
Fallschirmspringerschule is Fallschirm (parachute), Springer (jumper) and Schule (school).

Tauchvergnügen would be 'diving pleasure' !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom