Anyone near Sebastian that can give a vis report?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoggyPretzel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A small group of us are looking to make half day trips to Sebastian/Wabasso/Vero area. In the past we have made the drive from Orlando only to find poor conditions or bad vis. Is there anyone who lives in the area that can provide us with a report?

Or does anyone know of a LDS or charter in the area that may be able to help? We use the web cam at Sebastian as a guide, but it is difficult to get an accurate check on conditions on some days from the cam. Any help would be appreciated!

There aren't any Charters that schedule dive trips. Someone told me that there is a fishing charter that will take divers out if you rent the entire boat. I think they are at Captain Hiram's pier. I do not know what the viz has been lately, it usually is not very good close to shore. Some people do shore dives here.

Thanks Dennis, for the info. I know that viz there is only good a few days out of the year, but we really like it when the viz is good. Do you think we would do better to try further south, maybe Vero or Ft. Pierce?

BTW, I failed to mention that we are looking to do shore dives.

Viz gets better the farther South you go. I have made several dives at Pepper Park in Ft. Pierce. Most of them had 20 30 ft of Viz. Some were around 10 ft of viz. It depends on the winds, wave action, and current.

Wabasso was about 10ft today but that wasn't until a good distance out...First reef about 3 or 3ft. There is a ground swell

Thanks Cuda!.

SoggyPRetzel- I live one block over from the Atlantic one mile south of the Inlet at Fort Pierce. I alternate between swimming and running so I would be happy to give you a viso report as needed.

BTW it has been crappy now for about a month. LIterally the hand infront of your face. The vis varies between 1/2" to 2" depending on what sort of mask you are using.

You will want to be sure your gauges will fit flatley against your face plate.

I can be reached at 772-332-7344.

Thanks Eric, I will take up on that.

Are you on today Eric, how does it look?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom