Anyone know where....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Superlyte27

Banned
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I need to take the Unlimited Radar class. Anyone know where I can get that in Florida, and roughly what the cost of that class is? Thanks for any help.

Also... I was talking to a Tug Boat company yesterday and they asked me if my 100 Ton master license had an AB endorsement. To which I replied... "no". Do you have to have an Able Body ticket to be a deckhand even if you have a Master's License?

If so, i'll take whatever info you have in regards to an AB ticket.

Thanks again for your help.

You do need a separate AB ticket, the 100-ton license won't suffice. AB requires 3 years serviceon deck, 100-ton, only two years. and your license is tonnage-limited, while the typical AB certificate isn't. And AB requires a test on a whole lot of lifeboat and liferaft stuff.

Google 33 CFR 12.05, which will tell you the requirements. You likely have already met the sea service, and have the TWIC. Contact your local REC, or check the web site at USCG National Maritime Center, which has a lot of info. Also, you may need the STCW stuff for AB, while you don't for 100-ton.

I don't know about radar classes

You can get your radar endorsements through various classes. Go to the national maritime center website. They will give you all of the APPROVED courses. Be careful some schools will teach radar plotting to you, only you will need to to test then for the endorsement at the REC.

Another useful site is G Captain. A forum for credentialed mariners and their trials and tribulations.

Good luck

old thread, but I have a 100ton and the company I was going to work for was 500ton, they wanted me to have it to come with them. I decided against the expense/company.

Back
Top Bottom