Anyone know where is the best place to dive in Malaysia or Thailand ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Divers ! :acclaim:
Anyone know where is the best place to dive in Malaysia , Thailand or Asia area ?:blinking:

Free spot which don't have to pay a single cent would be the best .:crafty:
dun want my money to dive in much as me.:rofl3:

The diving spots in this region are mostly boat dives. For Malaysia Sipadan is a must do site. The East Malaysia sites are all closed now because of Monsoon season.

For Thailand I love Phuket for both diving and food / shopping / entertainment and ease of transportation if you can ride a motorcycle.

You might want to consider LOBs but they do cost more but offer greater comfort.

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard! :admingreet:

Sorry, never been there.

Some ideas - are you looking for topside nightclubbing? go to patong (Phuket) , Bali (kuta/sanur) or the Gili Islands if your after the party scene. If you are not into nightclubbing but want topside scenery and restaurants - I like Ao Nang (Krabi Thailand), Indonesia - better diving in North Sulawesi (Bunaken, Manado, Lembeh, Bangka Sauhong) and have found some good easy diving Pulau Weh and Sumatra west coast Padang Province, budget wise going up to Raja Ampat and Wakatobi and a Komodo Liveaboard if your pocket stretches that far. Also popular in Bali is Amed - Tulumben which is shore diving and cheap so not particularly my thing although others enjoy it. Malaysia - Sipadan and Mabul (a little cheaper), Perhentians, Layang Layang were great. Not sure how you plan on doing this with no money though! Just my opinion, sure others will have great spots to think about.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom