Anyone know the temp of the Comal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Some friends of mine and I are heading to San Marcos on Feb 24-25 to take part in the science diver program at Aquarena Center. Thought we might get a drift dive in on the Comal River on the same weekend. Does anyone know the water temp in the river this time of year? I've dived it during the summer, and I know it's spring fed, so I thought there might be a chance it would be decent. Thanks for any info you can offer. Sure hope it's not too cold, because I'm really itching to get underwater!

I think it's low 70's year round. I've dived it in January and it was 71.

I believe it tends to stay a degree or 2 warmer than the San Marcos.

72 all year long. It was 72 when I was in there a week ago. /going with a class this saturday.

regards,

Hopefully I'll see ya out there CB. Better then 50/50 anyways. What time are you going to be there?

Shaggie,

I'm trying to get to Landa Park a little before 11:00. Would like to meet you. I'll be in a white super crew.

Regards,

Guba, unless you plan to night dive in the Comal, the Scientific Diver course is going to take most of your time- I know we were pretty tired by the end of the weekend. You may have more energy than me, though- so have fun! You're going to love this course. Not only is it interesting, you will develop a genuine caring for this little lake, and will want to care for it and protect it- hence, the volunteer part that comes later after certification. The vis is amazing, and it's very beautiful down there. Enjoy!

Cudabait, sounds like the timing will be about right. If I don't see you're truck, then look for a red F-150 with a red shell. I try to park by the bathrooms, but it's suposed to be nice out tomorow so the park will be crowded. But just look the man in the black rubber suit with a similarly clad beutiful women nearby.

Hi, Foo
I agree that the Science Diver course is great and a lot of fun. I've already been through the course and I'll be assisting with the diving part as a volunteer on this one. For most of the rest of the group I'm going with, it'll be the first time, so I can't wait for them to see it.
As for the time, it seems to be group size that determines how quickly it goes. Some finish up about noon on Sunday, while others take longer. Just depends on how many folks there are and group dynamics. I don't plan to rush through, by any means. That place is too neat for that.
Thanks for your input. Glad to hear you feel the same way about the Center I do. Hope to see you down there one of these days!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom