Anyone interested in some rig dives this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Here's a link to the info...Gulf rig dives

Conditions in the Gulf will be 1-2 footers and low currents and are rarely this good this time of year and I didn't want any of you Swampers to miss the chance!

*I am not affiliated with, nor do I even know, who the charter is on this trip. But if Larry Deweese is on it, you can bet it's a good one.

a couple of buddies and i went out last year with Larry. we went on a guy named Al Manicas boat(Ultradive) I assume its the same. Unfortunately I got seasick and couldnt do the dives. However it was pretty good. There was a comedy of errors(not Larry's or captains fault including a dropped spear gun and one guy from North Carolina here on business who could not get down) However I would go with Larry anytime. Subsequent to this trip I went diving with him at Travis with an advanced class. We had a good time. Ultradive no longer seems to have a website.

sorry Ultradive does still have website. www.ultradive.com
the phone number referred to in Larry post is UltraDive. So its on Al Manicas boat.

I spoke to this guy last year. He indicated that if i get up a group, he would sell to me at a disounted price. At the time the discounted price was like $135.00 per diver and one goes free (me...lol).

It looks like from his web site that prices have dropped a little. I can't go this weekend and I've never done a rig dive, but would like too.

(can't this weekend as i'm leaving on Monday for cozumel), but if we can get 8 people together, i think i can get us a discount. See this link (i was planning to take this link of my site the next time i update because i've gotten zero response.)

http://jchitty1.home.texas.net/rigdive/rigdive.htm

Texan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom