Anyone Interested In Diving The Oriskany?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tstonedvr,

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I'll try and call later today to see if there is room left on the boat.

As for Divesports in Decatur, that is a nice store but aside from driving to the Moulton Quarry, I am never over there (I live in South Huntsville).

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Ltstanfo:
Mike,

I'll double check with Greg, just for curiosity sake but the flyer shows two days of diving on the Oriskany. Like you said, it could have been sorted out pretty easy.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

They might have already had it sorted out.... I never talked to Greg about it. Just read the flyer and the capt via PM. Greg's a good guy and I'm sure nothing was done in the wrong way.

Not that' it's that important now since the trips been canceled.

I'd say it'd be hard for any shop in this area to get together a crowd to committ to dive the Oriskany enough to charter a whole "large" boat (other than 6 pack). They have hard enough time getting their regular PCB trips lined up.

Who wants to dive the Big "O"? Better question... "Who doesn't wan to?"... :wink:

Michael

I will defently be up for diving her next year. A friend of mine from PA just signed up to dive her. He has a five month wait. There is actually a waiting list.

Wow, I better sign up now for next year sometime then. I hope to have several certs by then too.

Michael

I took 8 divers two weeks ago from Atlanta. We signed up 4 days prior. Went with scuba shack Pensacola. 84 degrees and 125ft of viz. Conditions have been awesome there. Call Eilleen at Scuba Shack, she usually has a trip or two every weekend. 4 of the eight divers were new divers, they stayed on the superstructure and are hooked for life! Enjoy it, it was one of my best dives in 20 years. It was also my 1000 and 1001st dives logged!

I'm down for this and I can prob get my buddy into it too. Any weekend is fine, i can always move a schedule around for this. What is the deal then? are you getting on with another dive character or is this one still a go? Also I've been reading in a few places that they want you to have 30 logged dives or advanced open water. Any truth to that?

We are doing a ScubaBoard trip tomorrow at 10% off but we are full. I would be willing to do another at the discount price as long as I can fill the Boat (6)

mwhities:
Who wants to dive the Big "O"? Better question... "Who doesn't want to?"... :wink:

Michael

I was thinking the same thing.

Some people... :)

I know I can't yet, but I'm definitely going to do my best to be AOW (maybe more) and quite a few dives before I attempt big "O".

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom