Anyone Interested In Diving The Oriskany?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ltstanfo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
All,

I had signed (and paid) with my LDS (Huntsville) to dive the Oriskany on October 7-8 but this trip has been cancelled due to lack of participation. I would still like to dive the "Mighty O" so I thought I would check and see if there is any interest on this forum to set up a dive for either the same weekend or soon after.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Diving her this weekend, goodluck with your own adventure!

Typical costs are $150. Depths to 135' to the flight deck, 70'ish to the superstructure, 212' to the sand.

just call any of the dive shops in the orange beach / gulf shores area. they will hook you up. it seems that garys gulf divers in orange beach always has a weekend trip going out. give them a call.

I would be in if you do it the weekend of the 14th. Actually, the 14th woudl be the best day. My father and I will be in Penselcola for a weekend getaway, and are trying to find some people who want to hit it up that weekend.

Ltstanfo:
All,

I had signed (and paid) with my LDS (Huntsville) to dive the Oriskany on October 7-8 but this trip has been cancelled due to lack of participation. I would still like to dive the "Mighty O" so I thought I would check and see if there is any interest on this forum to set up a dive for either the same weekend or soon after.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

heh... I heard only one person signed up for that trip at SDI. I guess that must have been you.

FYI.. the boat that Suprbugman is going with below, is the same boat that SDI had chartered through. Gary's Gulf Diver.

Mike,

Yeah, I was the one person to sign up. I'm pretty unhappy about it but I guess I just have to accept that Huntsville divers are more about "pretty places" then wreck diving. To each their own.

In fairness, someone told me there is a local school holiday that week? I also know that the following Monday is Columbus day.

Time to find a new group of (local) dive buddies...

Regard,
Ltstanfo

I personally thought they had a good deal on the trip. If it included 2 days or Oriskany diving, which SDI advertised. However, when I PM'd Gary, they'd only booked a regular dive charter (not the Oriskany) on Sunday. But I'm sure that was just some mix up that could have been sorted out....

Call Fritz or Jim at MBT 850-455-7702...I'll be diving the "O" Sat the 7th...don't know how full the boat is....doing the Avocet on Sun with Capt Ron.....welcome to dive with me....
Perhaps you need to check out DiveSports in Decatur for divers....
Yarg

Mike,

I'll double check with Greg, just for curiosity sake but the flyer shows two days of diving on the Oriskany. Like you said, it could have been sorted out pretty easy.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Back
Top Bottom