Anyone interested in Bonne Terre?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FYI, the Bonne Terre website:
Bonne Terre Mine

Price is $65 a dive. Minimum 2 dives. I doubt anyone will be staying at their hotels. The hotel price is about $180/night. Its usually best to get there first before OW classes silt it up (or so I've heard...never been myself). The no knives/tanks/lights thing still pisses me off though.

When I was there, I stayed in the Super-8 motel....did a Priceline.com 'name your own price' for $38 (+ tax).

We were the only group there that day, no classes were present.

The light issue really wasn't an issue. On the first dive they didn't want anyone to use lights, as the lead guy and the backups used lights to communicate. However, they weren't too stringent on the 2nd and 3rd dive. One of the guys in our group was shooting video and used the light for the video quite a bit. I don't own a light , but then again, I never found myself wishing I had one on any of the dives.

I have been there a few times, and have never seen anything close to a silt out. Come to think if it, I dont recall seeing silt.

I called the dive site today, and they have openings for the 1st and 3rd weekend in Feb, and then March.
What weekend is good for this trip ?
Thanks, Jim Breslin

Great timing - I was planning on heading up to West End diving during lunch today to check availability and reservation requirements. Maybe I still will - I have nothing better to do.

I would prefer Feb 2nd, with a second choice of Feb 16th. I am going to Mexico in March and want to get these dives in prior to that.

I was hoping that they had something within the next two weekends open, but those dates in February work for me.

Great timing - I was planning on heading up to West End diving during lunch today to check availability and reservation requirements. Maybe I still will - I have nothing better to do.

I would prefer Feb 2nd, with a second choice of Feb 16th. I am going to Mexico in March and want to get these dives in prior to that.

I was hoping that they had something within the next two weekends open, but those dates in February work for me.

I think the trip to Mexico would be cheaper...:D

I think the trip to Mexico would be cheaper...:D

HA! That is about the truth!

I just want to get in the water again before hitting Mexico. I got certified in September at Quail Run Algae Farm (Motto: Vis? Nope.) and went about a month later to Mermet Springs. So, I only have 7 logged dives (including the 4 checkout dives). I want to make sure that I remember everything prior to heading to a foreign country where current medical practice probably still calls for the use of leeches.

They really suck. :rofl3:

If you think that joke is cheesy you should see this movie
474958732_0c3a0c59a7.jpg

I caught it on the Monster channel on DishNetwork and saw it in all it's HD glory. Oh my God - every time I think about that werewolf riding the motorcycle I tear up with laughter.

OK - here is the deal -

First weekend in February, Saturday the 2nd - there is a 3 dive minimum. We can dive at 9, 1 and 4 on Saturday. Total damage is $195 each (air included), or $225 if you use Nitrox.

I need to have a headcount to them very soon, so all who are interested please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom