Anyone in PG to share current diving condition?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ycyc1999

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi -

I am in Shanghai and can hop on a plane to Manila tomorrow morning. Is the storm affecting PG area diving? It sounded scary on news reports with death etc. I called one of the resorts in PG area and was told that they went out and dove today in the rain. I don't mind getting wet on a diving trip but don't want to get stuck in a storm either. Thanks a bunch for any information you can share at this time.

There is a typhoon here and it is signal no. 1 in oriental mindoro. There could be chance of big waves. There was a time that there was not even a signal in PG but was hit by a storm surge because there was a typhoon in cebu and mindanao area. A lot of dive boats and bancas and even yachts were damaged. So it is not too good to go diving now or this weekend ( in my opinion). But I will be there by the end of the month in PG.If the weather permits. My last trip there was Nov. 1-3

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom