Anyone here live in Atlanta, GA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decapoddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Flying down from MA to dive with the whale sharks at the GA Aquarium on 3/21/19. Really hoping to find someone to hand my GoPro to so that they can film us from outside the tank since we aren't allowed to bring it in the water with us. I'd pay for the person's ticket.

Does the GA Aquarium not offer to sell you a video? I have not done the dive ( though I live within blocks of the Aquarium), but it occurs to me that videos are sometimes part of the package offered on aquarium dives.

Does the GA Aquarium not offer to sell you a video? I have not done the dive ( though I live within blocks of the Aquarium), but it occurs to me that videos are sometimes part of the package offered on aquarium dives.

Yes, they do sell a video. My regular buddy did the dive last year and got a video.

They do sell a video but it is "highlight" video that includes short shots of all the divers from inside the tank. We will be buying it but I'd like some video of my daughter and I shot from outside and hopefully longer than a combined 2 minutes that their video will have of us.

They do sell a video but it is "highlight" video that includes short shots of all the divers from inside the tank. We will be buying it but I'd like some video of my daughter and I shot from outside and hopefully longer than a combined 2 minutes that their video will have of us.

Awww. As the 21st is a Thursday, I’m not sure I’ll be around, but I’ll watch this thread for any updates, and/or PM me. You might see if Aquarium staff would do it informally. There is usually a staff member in the room.

Just moved from GA back to VA or gladly would have volunteered, annual member so no ticket would have been necessary. Good luck and enjoy the dive.

We did it and it was amazing. Sad that we only have the short video they sell that contains less than 30 seconds total of us diving though (for $50!?! Eesh!) . Next time I'll bring someone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom