Anyone heard or used a Sea Elite Can Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goodeatsfan

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, was looking around for a can light and came across a SEA ELITE Cannister light that from the small picture provided on ebay, looked remarkably like a salvo/halcyon. Anyone has had any experience with them before? Good, bad, throw away junk? WA or Brightstar HID bulb or some unheard of manufacturer?

i have heard, though, that to save money, they use materials or parts that aren't what go into the Salvo lights

so... i've heard they can give you trouble. that's just hearsay

anyone else had any experience? reason I'm asking is because I need to get 2 sets. for the missus and myself, and they are a rather costly item.

That said, I've always believed in never skimping when it comes to dive equipment, but if there's a better (cheaper :) ) option, that's almost/just as good, why not.

And seeing that no-ones ever mentioned it in SB before, I thought I had better ask.

It is made by salvo but it is only offered in a fixed head design. It is fixed in a wide beam so it reduces its effectiveness some. This light isn't available to regular salvo dealers and is a special run for divers supply. I am a salvo dealer and would suggest the regular salvo adjustable head 10 watt light. It has an adjustable head so the beam can be set very tightly or wide if you want it. Most divers I know always leave theirs set in the tightest setting, which is what you can't do with the diver supply light.

I have some specials going on salvo lights right now...brings them pretty close to the other lights price. If i can help let me know.

Brent

Oh and the special isn't on my web page as I am completely redoing the page. So PM me if you want for the deal.

Brent

H2Andy:
i have heard, though, that to save money, they use materials or parts that aren't what go into the Salvo lights

so... i've heard they can give you trouble. that's just hearsay

ONe thing about the 'hearsay' about Sea Elite. Most of the folks that I've heard bad-mouth it, have never actually used it.

I think that most of the bad-mouthing was actually started by LDS owners who never used it and had customers ask about it... hmmm.... tell the customer it's good stuff and have them spend money on mail order or at their LDS. It's easy to see what they did. OF course many LDS owners bad mouth anything that they don't sell, regardless of brand. So you can see the pattern.

Note: Though I'm replying to Andy's post, I'm not implying that he was one of the ones badmouthing Sea Elite. I'm pretty sure he's got a Sea Elite Tec reg and likes it..

As for the Lights in question. I don't have one, but if you check with the more tech diver forums like DecoStop, you might find a few more people using them.

Overall anything made by Salvo is top quality. The lights branded Salvo come with a one year warranty covering bulbs and battery. I dont' know what the warranty is on the sea elite lights, might be the same, just not sure. I wouldn't worry about the quality so much as the beam width.

Brent

mike_s:
ONote: Though I'm replying to Andy's post, I'm not implying that he was one of the ones badmouthing Sea Elite. I'm pretty sure he's got a Sea Elite Tec reg and likes it..

yup, sure do...

i also used their octo for a long time ... and i've had one of their wetsuits since 2001, still going strong

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom