Anyone heard of or ordered from SammiesDeals.com?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Aloha All!

I found a camera retail place online that offers lenses for about $300 less than amazon. It's called SammiesDeals.com. Anyone know it? heard of them? Purchased from them? Looks very interesting, but don't want to get ripped off....

looking forward to your feedback!

Aloha,
Me

Aloha All!

I found a camera retail place online that offers lenses for about $300 less than amazon. It's called SammiesDeals.com. Anyone know it? heard of them? Purchased from them? Looks very interesting, but don't want to get ripped off....

looking forward to your feedback!

Aloha,
Me

If it looks to good to be true.. (you know the answer). Check out B&H Photo or Canoga Camera or Adorama. If yours is cheaper than these guys I wouldn't buy from them because you can't beat the above three for service or price. Lots and lots of rip off camera stores on the internet. Be careful !!!!

PS.. I just found them online.. I would run from them as fast as I could. No store location or address posted anywhere on their website. They could be anywhere in the world but once they have your money.. poof !! Looks like a scam to me.

Yeah, I'd pass on this. As someone who works in the optics industry (microscopes, not cameras) I can tell you that margin isn't that large on these items so if it's more than say $100 less than one of the big sites like B&H or Adorama, it's probably too good to be true.

Might be used / refurbished

If you go to their web site.. SammiesDeals.com - it isn't even spelled the same as their company name on their web home page. They only give two ways to contact them, a live operator at a 718 area code (New York, the biggest camera rip off area in our country) and ONE email address on their whole site is an "orders@sammysdeals.com " email address and it isn't even a live address.

I'm sure if you did call the orders phone number to return an item or get an RMA they would give you a different phone number you would have to call and of course you would never get anyone, just a recording that would never be returned. The oldest rip off game going.

There is no other info of any kind on the web site, no store address, no toll free number, no address of ANY kind for returns even though it says you need an RMA for the return, with a restocking charge of 15%.

Plus this quote at the bottom of the page.. PLEASE NOTE: Depending on your location , you will be charged an insurance fee. What does this mean ?? I've never been charged an insurance fee for anything I have ever ordered online, and it doesn't even tell you how much the fee will be.

Bad bad bad bad bad bad bad... run, run, run as fast as you can.

ResellerRatings.com has ten thousand posts of people getting ripped off by bogus camera stores giving huge discounts, especially on camera gear.

Thanks for the feedback everyone....I'll steer clear and buy my lenses elsewhere ;o)

Back
Top Bottom