Anyone have experience with Typhoon drysuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrdiver

Reaction score
I have located a Typhoon tri-lam drysuit, and it looks pretty good for the money. I'm wondering if anyone has ever used or seen one of these suits - it has SiTech valves, is very light and is front-entry with latex seals. Any / all responses welcome! :eek:ut:

We used them in the Army, the units we had were made with interchangable seals on wrists and neck, nice if switching out seals in the field...

We did seem to go through seals pretty quickly though, most of the other makes of suits we used had neoprene seals and they seem to be more durable for working dives.

The material tends to pinch really small folds of skin because it is so thin... But it did hold up very well to chaffing and wear.

I thought the folding zipper seal would cause increased chaffing on the material but it never did become a problem...

All in all a good suit, when we purchased them new they were on the expensive side but did come with a half dozen extra seals...

We have two units at the university now but they only have the interchangable wrist seals with a glued in neck seal. I really liked the ability to switch between a hat seal and a neck seal quickly...

Good luck on the suit!!

Jeff Lane

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom