Anyone have any input on the Citizen Hyper Aqualand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Budhacop...

The Citizen watch will provide information (and log it) on most of the important dive information except for nitrogen loding and decompression info. In otherwords, if you were to dive with the citizen watch only, you would need to use the Recreational Dive Planner (RDP) dive tables in order to compute your bottom times, nitrogen loading, and surface interval credit.

The Stinger and Mozzy will provide you all of the same information that today's popular dive computers keep track of plus provide you with all of the watch features.

Ive had once since my first dive, and love it. Great for tracking dives, etc. and a nice overall sports watch too...

Why would anyone want to buy a watch for a backup? perhaps so they can wear it in the bar after a dive?. Most diving watches like the Citizen aqualand are being phased out now simply because the price of wrist computers has dropped enormously now they are "the norm". Buy a backup computer like the Stinger or Mosquito from Suunto or a Uwatec bottom timer or Aladin. Just my opinion, Cheers

Thanks to everyone I have started looking into the suunto's and it's looking like the stinger is the better choice now i just need to find a deal on it . Thanks again everyone.

Joe

Though the citizen watches don't keep track of Deco info, I still find them convenient to have around. I use the Cobra as my primary computer, a analog pressure gauge for back-up and the Citizen Titanium Duplex as a wrist unit I never leave home without. It's redundant which I like, and performs very well. It's on the nose with my Cobra all the way to it's limit.

If it's computer fuctions you're looking for, go with a Deco tracking unit. If it's a toy you can wear around daily, the Duplex is a winner.

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

I too, have looked at the Citizen Aqualand watch. The LDS showed me a Suunto Spyder(it was used). I started to check into it. I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) the Stinger is basically the Spyder except the Stinger works with nitrox and other mixed gases as well. I tried to research the Spyder online and found very little on it(even from the Suunto website). Then I noticed http://www.diveinn.com has the Spyder for sale for roughly the same price as the Citizen Aqualand watch but, it is a full dive computer. I don't know if Suunto is phasing the Spyder out and going with the Stinger or what. Maybe this is why I had trouble finding it online. If your not using mixed gases, you might want to look into the Suunto Spyder. I have been kinda looking into it myself. Is there anyone out there with any info on the Spyder?

The Spyder is the older brother of the Stinger. The Stinger has more features (although im not sure what) than the Spyder and is roughly the same price in the UK. I love my Stinger but some people find it too small to be able to read it. I have no such problems at all. Cheers

Stinger/Mosquito has a terrific freediving mode in addition to nitox capability. Also, they have the new more conservative SRGBM algorithm.

Spyder is an air computer with the older (more liberal) Suunto algorithm.

Ralph

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom