Anyone have any guesses as to what this is? (FTW)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
Here is a Vlog from a dive I did in mid-October. I took so long to make it because the conditions were pretty crappy. Visibility at the start of the dive was less than 5' but opened up to about 10' once we got to the far wall of the sandy cove. we followed along the base of the wall until we hit our turn pressure. Total bottom time was 54 minutes. The object I am referring to was in about 30' of water and around 2/3 of they way to the turn point it was around 6' long and had three rings set on it which were heavily encrusted. I am sure had I passed it in mid-summer I would have assumed it just another boulder because the seaweed would have completely obscure the rings that were on it.

OMG you touched the bottom!!! :wink: Rich given the history of the site, my guess is it was mooring post that somehow ended up on the bottom. Or it could be a makeshift mooring from long ago put there intentionally. There are a few other spots where rings or what is left of them can be found embedded in rocks there both above and below water.

Back
Top Bottom